Original Path Counseling provides counseling services for a variety of mental and physical challenges:
- Depression: The counselors here at Original Path have specialized in working with depression in both teens and adults. They have experience in working with step down programs for those that are just coming out of in-patient therapy as well as working with individuals that are struggling with depression and are ready to get help.
- Anxiety: There are many different types of anxiety and many different triggers for anxiety. Anxiety is a build up of excess energy in our bodies and we work to help find ways to decrease the symptoms of anxiety in a healthy and holistic manner.
- Relationship/ Family Struggles: When our home life is out of balance it will affect us physically and mentally. We can experience symptoms of depression and anxiety as well as physical aches and pains when we are dealing with challenges that are stemming from loved ones. We work within your world to help you to restore balance to all aspects of your life.
- Anger Management: We work with a variety of anger difficulties and teach specific techniques for you to learn how to manage your anger and have more control over your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are driving your anger.
- CBT / Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Cognitive Behavior Therapy is a therapeutic technique which focuses on how your thought patterns can control your behaviors and actions. CBT uses psycho-education and structure to teach you specific ways to change your thinking and/or behaviors. This type of therapy helps you to be active in gaining control back over your world.
- DBT / Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Dialectical Behavior Therapy is a therapeutic technique which uses structure and skills from CBT but also provides additional techniques that help you to be more mindful and balanced. DBT specifically teaches Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotional Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness. This technique is taught both in individual therapy as well as group therapy and is a great way to learn how to manage emotions and improve your communication skills.
- EMDR: EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a psychotherapy that enables people to heal from the symptoms and emotional distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences. Repeated studies show that by using EMDR therapy people can experience the benefits of psychotherapy that once took years to make a difference.
- Reality Therapy: Reality therapy focuses on the present moment and teaches how to give the client control over their world. Reality therapy is based in having the client realize they have choice in their decisions and reactions of daily life. This is an effective method of therapy for those that are in need of being challenged with some belief systems or those that are ready to make a change and take control.
- Grief and Loss Therapy: Bereavement is the state of loss when someone close to an individual has died. The death of a loved one is one of the greatest sorrows that can occur in one’s life. People’s responses to grief will vary depending upon the circumstances of the death, but grief is a normal, healthy response to loss.
- Holistic Therapy: Original Path Counseling and Fitness Centers believes in using our bodies natural resources to help with your challenges. Using your mind and body together to get both physically and mentally healthy is our ultimate approach. This may include changing your nutrition and physical activity in order to help you mentally.
- Fitness Mental Blocks: If you have been working hard on transforming your body but have been struggling with your nutrition, eating habits, or maintaining your motivation we are here to help. Sometimes people work hard to transform themselves physically to lose weight or get physically healthy and get frustrated that they are not seeing the scale move or seeing the progress in the mirror. We are dedicated here at Original Path to help guide you to understanding the mental challenges that may be in the way of you physically making progress. Your mind and body are so connected and it is important to work on both together in order to have true transformation. We work closely with your personal trainers or your fitness programs that you are already working with or we can help you to find the appropriate plan for you.
Adult and Teen Groups Currently Available:
Adolescent DBT Group – Wednesdays from 5:30-7pm. Our next round of Teen DBT starts in the Spring. We are currently accepting our waitlist and will begin consults for this group in December/January.
Adult DBT Group – Mondays from 10:30am-12pm. We are currently performing consults for our group that will begin in October.
DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) is taught in a small group format over 12 weeks. This can be beneficial for a variety of challenges that you or your teen may be facing; such as depression, anxiety, self-harming, and poor emotional regulation. Over 12 weeks your teen will learn specific skills that help with Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotional Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness. If you feel like this may be a beneficial group to participate in, please set up a consultation with one of our counselors to be sure that you or your adolescent would be a good fit.